Get the best out of you ”
Let's start with any printing process
First: Prepress means any operations done before actual printing.
Second: Printing of ink on the substrate or any given material
Third: Ink drying process
Why prepress is everything for screen printing?
The standard screen-printing process:
1. Mesh stretching on frame
2. Mesh preparation wash (chemicals & water)
3. Frame drying (dustfree)
4. Emulsion coating (even deposition)
5. Emulsion drying (below 40*c)
6. Screen exposing with uv light source
7. Stencil developer wash (water)
8. Screen drying and make ready
9. Printing on substrate with ink
10. Ink drying or curing
Out of above common 10 stages in screen printing processes surprisingly 8 of them are prepress operations. Most of the screen printing units are ignoring this fact. Investing time and money for optimizing this area of screen printing process will surely reward you.
Make a good screen - make a good print!
If you consider all the variables in screen printing those that occur earlier will have greatest impact on the final print result.